- Newly created Leadership role within our most iconic sporting asset
- Utilise your deep knowledge of Turf and Pitch
- Ensure the MCC continues to deliver world-class arenas
Founded in 1853, the Melbourne Cricket Club (MCC) represents the pinnacle of Australia’s sporting grounds. In order to remain at the forefront as Australia’s leading arena, they have created a new opportunity for a leading Turf specialist to join its senior team. Reporting to the General Manager – Facilities the role is responsible for key elements including:
- Leading and developing the MCC Arenas team and outside venues;
- Ensuring the turf and pitch operations at the MCG and its other venues are prepared for use to the highest international standards;
- Assume strategic oversight and expertise in worldwide turf development;
- Preparation of expert board reports and assume key stakeholder engagement both internally and externally;
To be successful in this role we will be looking you to possess the following competencies:
- Tertiary qualifications in Turf/Horticulture Management (highly desirable);
- Proven ability to oversee and prepare quality Internationally recognised turf and cricket pitches;
- Strong experience in managing research and development projects in this field, coupled with expertise in soil, irrigation and plant health at a strategic level;
- Proven leadership of a large and diversely located team;
You may currently be working for a leading International Stadium or other related sporting bodies including Racing, Football (all codes), Tennis or Golf etc. or from the Turf industry itself. Due to visa restrictions we have a preference to interview candidates who hold the right to work in Australia.
If you think this is the next role for you, please send your details to Bruce McIntosh – Director at Epicus International via firstname.lastname@example.org.